Tapestry™ Retirement Communities - Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness
At Tapestry, we believe that health and fitness can play a large part in your ability to get the most out of life. For those who agree, a professional trainer can customize a program to help you achieve your preferred level of fitness. Whether you’re into skiing, tennis or golf, or simply hoping to impress your grandkids with your Wii Bowling skills, we make the training convenient, effective and lots of fun.
No matter whether your goal is improved health, maintaining your current lifestyle or simply pampering yourself with our industry-leading spa services, we’ll make sure your needs are well met.
Don’t just keep your wits about you – sharpen them.
Brain Fitness programs at Tapestry are designed to improve memory, attention and communication abilities. Tapestry offers a number of different programs customized to each community.
Most recently, Tapestry is partnering with Rosetta Stone® to introduce Fit Brains, a new and engaging approach to brain fitness that’s super fun and easy to do.
“I like my daily brain workout. I’ve got more focus and energy. That makes everything more fun.”
– Max, age 88
How does it work? We rely on our brains to interpret experience and define who we are. The Fit Brains program was designed by neuroscientists to help you keep your mind healthy, build a stronger brain, concentrate deeper and enhance your memory. You can actually train your brain in minutes, but it’s so much fun you won’t want to stop.
You don’t have to go far to stay in good shape at Tapestry.
Our Fitness Centre is developed to meet the unique needs of, shall we say, the mature physique. It’s all about achieving balance, strength and agility to maintain your health and wellness. Whether you enjoy working out at your own pace or prefer a group class, our fitness centre has it all.
- Professionally approved state-of-the-art fitness equipment that is safe and easy to use.
- Personal training programs ensure proper use of equipment and routines for maximum benefit.
- Wide range of fitness classes and programs* which may include:
- One-on-One Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Walking Groups
- Chi Kung
- Balance and Core Conditioning
- Total Body Fitness
- Sit Fit
- Fitness and Postural Assessments
- Certified kinesiologist on staff to assist you in developing a program that suits your needs.
* Classes and programs may vary across communities.
Beauty Salon & Spa
Feeling your best AND looking your best is what the Tapestry Spa is all about.
- Full-service hair salon.
- Professional esthetician services.
- Therapeutic treatment room for massage and body therapies.
- Scheduled visiting practitioners – may include podiatry, reflexology and aromatherapy.