5 Years at Wesbrook Village, 5 Reasons to Tour Tapestry
October 2, 2015
We are so glad The Georgia Straight has recognized Wesbrook Village as Vancouver’s Best Neighbourhood you may not have seen yet. Tapestry Retirement Communities has had a property, Tapestry at Wesbrook Village, in this neighbourhood since it’s early development. In fact, this week we celebrated our 5 year anniversary!
Watching the serene and forested community of Wesbrook Village grow and evolve has been so exciting. Our residents and staff have had the opportunity to contribute to this growth through participation in community events like the annual Wesbrook Village Festival, intergenerational programs with local schools, and even beer tastings at Biercraft! With a brand new community centre, Wesbrook Village provides our residents with everything they need in walkable and beautiful surroundings. Tapestry provides well appointed retirement living for seniors in and around the community.
Here are 5 reasons you should tour Tapestry at Wesbrook Village:
- The Food: We hire the best chefs out there who deliver a thoughtful and locally sourced menu. With UBC Farm nearby, our team has worked to foster a relationship in order to get the freshest produce. Join us for lunch or dinner in our restaurant, courtyard, or pub, and taste for yourself.
- The Outdoors: Wesbrook Village is just minutes from downtown Vancouver yet you feel like you’re in a world of your own. The adjacent Pacific Spirit Park provides many kilometers of trails for walking your dog, biking, and hiking. The Village itself has been designed consciously around the landscape with water features, lots of green space, and children’s playgrounds. We even have ocean views from our beautiful rooftop patio.
- The University of British Columbia: Living in community on campus provides many unique opportunities to access university programs and activities. Tapestry at Wesbrook Village provides a high tech classroom which has been used for university lectures. Many residents of Tapestry have connections to the university whether as students, professors, or both! Residents have also taken the opportunity to audit university courses allowing them to pursue ongoing education and meet students of different generations.
- The Services: Wesbrook Village was designed to allow residents to live without a car. With a grocery store, banks, restaurants, BC liquor store, chocolate shop, seafood market, coffee shops, a new community centre, and more, this has become a reality for residents. Residents at Tapestry at Wesbrook Village also have access to additional services. These include respite care, health services, housekeeping, car service (and a parkade for your own vehicle) and unique recreational and exercise programming.
- The People: We have a unique community of residents and staff at Tapestry at Wesbrook Village; a tapestry if you will. You won’t need to go far to chat with a resident who has interesting passions and projects on the go. There are authors, publishers, teachers, fundraisers, marathon runners, photographers, artists, advocates, and nature lovers to name a few. And the team of staff members strive to provide a welcoming, fun, and engaging environment. Whether it’s through food and wine events, outdoor sea to sky adventures, seminars on Vancouver’s history, pie eating contests, or challenges to ping pong matches; you will find an energetic staff ready to help make the most of your retirement lifestyle!
There’s no better time than now to come down to Tapestry at Wesbrook Village to see what Tapestry and the surrounding community has to offer. And there’s more to come!
Call 604.225.5000 to book your tour and lunch today.